Friday, July 1, 2011

Branding!





















I loved shooting this branding! I wish yall were there as the horizon spilled over with cattle then cowboys horseback. It was breathtaking and made me want to sattle up! We began our day just before daylight (that was drive time for me, the cowboys were up before dawn). I sat atop a pickup in the pen and shot my little heart out. This crew was warm and enviting and fed me too! While the men are out working, the women pride themselves in preparing meals for them. Let me tell you, eating is an event. Little ole me bout got run over as one woman quietly said, "It's ready." They did warn me that the cowboys would respond rather rapidly and that they did! Why is it that us women take offense to being called ma'am by some for fear we maybe viewed as old, but when a cowboy says that word we blush? There's just something about those cowboys!

1 comment: